The Center’s Pelvic Floor 6 hour course is a pre requisite for all of the courses in our curriculum. We base our courses on the movement of the pelvis and how it affects the rest of the female body. We will also look at the pelvic floor from a healthy standpoint rather than a problematic one.
This course will offer an in depth look at the anatomy and function of the pelvic floor, its application to movement and the breath and will discuss the reasons for dysfunction and how many of these problems can be prevented. Our approach contains both the scientific evidenced based research and the more holistic viewpoint of this most intimate part of the female body.
- To understand the anatomy of the female pelvis and pelvic floor
- To understand the function of the pelvic floor muscles, the fascial connections and the surrounding muscle groups.
- To understand the change that occurs during pregnancy, birth, postpartum and menopause
- To understand dysfunction in the pelvic area to include SI Joint and pelvic floor dysfunction and pubis symphasis derangement
- To understand the importance of correct movement to activate the pelvic floor
- To understand the role of the breath in pelvic floor activation and rehabilitation
- To understand the impact of the fascial connections through the pelvis
- This course has been approved for 10 CEC’s from The Pilates Method Alliance (USA)
This course has been approved for .7 CEC’s from ACE (USA)